By Joern Fischer
I’m looking for a new postdoc to join our research group. In short, it’s a three-year position, focusing on the social and/or ecological sciences; the application deadline is 27 July 2018. Please email me for questions, and please help to spread this advertisement! The official details follow below.
POSTDOCTORAL RESEARCH ASSOCIATE (M/F) (SOCIAL/ECOLOGICAL SCIENCES)
Leuphana University Lüneburg (foundation under public law), Faculty of Sustainability, is offering a post as
Postdoctoral Research Associate (m/f)
– salary group EG 13 TV-L, full time –
starting as soon as possible, for a period of 3 years.
Professor Joern Fischer’s research group on “Sustainable Landscapes” is looking to employ a postdoc to support existing activities during the time period specific above.
The research group focuses on the intersection of the ecological and social sciences, drawing on the concepts of sustainability science and social-ecological systems. Two key research areas pursued by the group at present relate to harmonizing food security and biodiversity conservation; and to leverage points for sustainability. The group is also engaged in teaching at the Bachelor’s and Master’s levels. Here, key classes include Sustainability Science (Master), Conservation Biology (Master) and practical field classes teaching bird and butterfly survey and identification techniques (Bachelor).
Tasks and responsibilities for this position will include:
- supporting teaching activities, with a nominal teaching duty of 4 teaching hours per week during the semester;
- supporting existing research activities – including assisting the completion of student manuscripts;
- assisting in the preparation of new grant applications;
- assisting with additional day-to-day aspects of facilitating smooth collaboration within the research group; and
- preparation of a cumulative “habilitation thesis” on a topic agreed with Prof. Fischer.
Selection criteria are:
- university degree (Master or equivalent) in ecology, the social sciences or another relevant field;
- PhD or equivalent doctoral degree in ecology, the social sciences or another relevant field;
- strong communication skills in English;
- ability and willingness to teach relevant classes (drawing partly on existing materials);
- ability and enthusiasm to work in an intercultural and interdisciplinary group;
- strong writing skills in English;
- strong research track record; and
- teaching experience (desirable).
For questions, please contact Prof. Joern Fischer (email@example.com ).
Leuphana University of Lüneburg is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering heterogeneity among its staff. Disabled applicants with equal qualifications will be given priority consideration. We are looking forward to receiving your application.
Please address all selection criteria under clearly labeled headings in up to one short paragraph each. Please also send a CV (including publications), copies of relevant certificates and transcripts, and the names of up to three academic referees.
Please send your application by July 27, 2018 preferably electronically (as a single merged pdf file) or by mail to:
Leuphana University of Lüneburg
Personalservice, Corinna Schmidt
Subject: PostDoc Sustainable Landscapes